30 September 2006

What a Beautiful Day

Please note the title is intended to be laden with sarcasam.

I got up at about 11, after waking up around 10. Dave was not in my house. Firefly marathon officcially cancelled. I was pissed. So what did I do about it? Tried my hand at a good deed. I demanded that I cook breakfast for the McWhiteson house. It was okay.

Then everyone abandoned me to study, or do assignments. Fine, that stuff happens. I spent several consecutive hours watching M*A*S*H and contemplating the meaning of life. I also smakced myself for wasting so much money yesterday.

I was soon after called by cousins, allerting me that Dayna would be picking me up at 3:30 to help her move homes. Not a problem, I don't mind helping. Except that I was not aware that moving day was Saturday, instead of the planned Sunday.

Upon hearing roommate plans to watch Pretty in Pink, I made it known to my cousin and other relatives, that I would be needing to get home by 7:00. Not a problem, I was told.

After eating my supper (I had skipped lunch) I called the McWhiteson home. My Pretty in Pink compatriots, decided on another social event, a girls night, which I thought they were going to skip. These things happen. At least they're out of the house, but my night is down the crapper.

In a last ditch effort to find someone to do something with, I discovered that I am seriously lacking in social powers here on the East Coast. I ended up with my family untill 8:30ish, which, while great, was not my plan.

I got home, and resolved to fight off the "Poor Me"s by watching the surly but amusing Dr. House on his show ... House M.D.

I get "Insert a disc" blaring at me from my DVD player. Suspecting a problem, I open the tray. The DVD is missing. No problem, I must have put it in the case. I open the case.

2 of 3 disks are missing!!! What the hell?! Where did they go? I don't know! But you know what that means? That means that I get to 1) explain to my cousin that the DVDs I swore to protect with my life, have gone missing, and 2) spend another $50 replacing said disks.

Ugh. Seriously, after YC, I am planning my Saturdays with fun but reliable people. I'm going to grab someone at church tomorrow, demand an email address, and inform them that in two weekends time we must "hang."

I will use a firearm if needs be.

3 comments:

Robyn McHugh said...

Relax.
Andrew had them.
Out of all the stuff in here, I doubt that your cousin's "House" DVD's would be the first and only thing to go.

Meagan said...

yah, plans changed, so our mention of the movie died also.

In the meantime, are you not proud of me for ditching the studying at eight? Sarah? Robyn?

Josh said...

Robyn: Obviously not. There are much nicer things to steal than House DVDs, but I didn't exactly think they were stolen. Only missing.

Meagan: Good for you on the Studying ditching. I hope you had a good time.