05 September 2006

Funds

So this is my second post today, but whatever.

Living in St. Johns is going to kill me. Timemasters Inc (an excelent comic book store) is just a half hour walk away, and the mall is right next to that. There's a food court at my school, and money is just trying to FLY out of my bank account.

Example: I've spent $27.50 on eating out already. Since I discovered this, I've stopped buying food out around, but it's still crazy. I've taken to spreadsheeting what I've spent, to make sure I'm within the allowable limits, so I'm good now.

However, I went to Timemasters, like I said. The DVDs I were looking at are $38 each. $10 more than buying them online from the states, even after the conversion rate, shipping, AND customs. NUTS!

Also, I saw the omnibus for X Wing: Rouge Squadron. It's a comic series I liked as I was younger, and a year ago I looked into getting the whole set. Well this Omnibus contains the first half of the comic series, bound together, on glossy paper. Thirty something dollars though, again. Something to look at later, but not now.

Ugh, I thought I was doing awesome with a budget of $50 a week, but now it feels like it won't be enough =(

Too bad.

3 comments:

Tammy Williams said...

I think I spent the most money I have ever spent in University. It is just the adjustment that gets you everytime. It's nice to see that you have taken control of it NOW though. Oh and don't eat at that food court too much. You'll get addicted and not want to stop. It happend to me and that's when I gained most of my weight!

Anonymous said...

you CAN keep your budget to $50! You just have to be willing to stick to it. Doing your spreadsheet is an awesome idea. There's nothing worse than being in debt. And even though you'll have some cool stuff, by spending all your money you'll still be miserable....

Unknown said...

Hey Josh,

Welcome to the other city!

Enjoy your first year of university. I'm sure I'll be seeing you soon!

Valerie