18 September 2006

Spiritual Steroids

On Sunday, I was part of some of the most intense worship since YC, I've been a part of. THE most intense worship I've been part of, while in my uniform. I don't know if that distinction deserves presentation, but there you go.

Tonight, I got the bus to the Arts and Culture Center, and arrived for The Known Soldier fourty five minutes early. Passing the trees on their lawn, I heard birds, like today. I stopped and listened to their unyielding chatter for ten minutes. I went in, picked up my "Play Admittance Pass" since I had lost my ticket, then listened to the birds again for five minutes.

The play was incredible. Well, as much as TNL can be. When I read the paragraph from the directior, I scoffed at the notion that it was a tale of "the loss of innocence." Obviously, what a cliched thing to put on paper! But then I saw the play.

If you get the chance, go see it. It's here in St. Johns again tomorrow night, and then it moves on. It's inspired by a real soldier, the youngest man ever to get the Victoria Cross, and a Newfoundlander. I don't recall his name. I'm terrible for those things.

Then I went to go home. Instead of waiting for the bus, as I was originally intending, I walked home. I took an incredibly slow pace, so it took half hour, to forty five minutes.

I can't call it a prayer walk, but it was a hardcore reflection, meditation, and prayer time. Two huge men were walking at me at one point. I felt inspired. I smiled. Their faces split into a smile as well. That, and similar things to it happened three or four times. Another were a young couple, looked like they were afraid of me. Another older lady with a dog.

I've been feeling as if St. Johns is faceless for a while. But I smile. And people smile back.

When a person smiles, there is no choice but to have a face.

Placidity is the word of my day. I'm feeling very ... I can't say content. There are alot of things I'd like to have right now, but I don't. Plenty of money, a happy family, my puppy doggers, stronger, or more relationships with people. But I don't worry. Not right now at least.

[Now, in the more material world ...]

I've also gotten into the habit of downloading lots of music. I've got 40¢ left on my iTunes, and about five albums I want to buy.

I think I've given up on hard-copy CDs. It's nice to have the booklet, and the case, and the CD, but it's also $5-15 more expensive. And I'll only be putting it on my iPod.

Once I manage to fight more wiggle-room into my budget, I'll probably buy a $50 iTunes Card.

Nintendo Wii also has a release date. If you want one on day one, pay for it NOW.

Hint hint Santa.

No comments: