13 September 2006

Crowded Childhood

I couldn't imagine growing up here in St Johns. Well, at least not in the city. I was walking the other night, and I passed rows of houses with absolutely no space between the house and the street. Space barely wide enough for a quarter between houses.

As I passed a stand of houses, they all had those little wooden boxes filled with soil, meant for flowers and plants. To beautify the house I suppose.

There was a single dead bush, weeds everywhere, and two big yellow dump-trucks.

The two by three foot space was some kid's front yard. I never used mine, but I can't imagine not having a place to run if I wanted one.

There was a park nearby though. About twice the size of my yard. For an entire street.

Is it crowded?

I'm also angry at my brain today. I've been sitting here for three hours now, and I'm hardly 1/3 through my German vocab, which has to be learned for Friday. I haven't even started looking over other notes yet.

I also need to read "Hills Like White Elephants" for English tomorrow.

Glee.

No comments: