01 October 2006

The Start of Something New

This was the first day in my future history of closed doors.

But here I am, feeling so much more open. Relationship will have to be re-arranged, and re-assessed, meaning that besides some "important" tests for this week, I need to spend alot of time figuring out exactly what that means for some people, and then impliment my new "friendship strategy."

One major part of this new "friendship strategy" is the aquisition of friends outside my current home. So tonight, after church, I asked Gavin what was on the go. He said we'd check it out.

An hour later, Gavin, Caroline, Andrew, Jordan, Veronica, Lacey(who left before we went to Tim's) and myself, were han'n, and generally having a good time.

This lead to much laughter, and Tim Horton's eating. Jokes were made, and nicknames were given. This is what St. Johns has been to me for the past year. The potential for meaningful relationships.

We havn't gotten to meaningful relationships yet, but we're well on the way. Learn to walk before you run. I can't wait for the 21C bible study this week too. I'm going to suggest to some people that we "Hang" on wednesday, or something. Trade email addresses, you know?

I feel so free right now. But soaring birds must still give into the confines of gravity once in a while. For now this means ten minutes of Math review, and then several hours of deep, deep sleep.

YC is exciting me now. I almost wish I didn't have a way out, so I could take the bus with the Citadel crowd. That's nine hours of potential bonding time.

I'll have to make it up after YC.

I hope the rest of my life goes as easily as this day did.

2 comments:

Meagan said...

Ouch.

Take the bus if you want to.

Anonymous said...

Meagan: Not exactly what I meant.