28 September 2006

Imagined Conversation, and my Spiritual Gift

So I had an imagined conversation one day, a few weeks ago.

It was just after I did imaginary awesome stuff, and a girl came up to me. She was all like "Hey, you're pretty cool, Josh. I thought God's people were lamer than that!" And I was all like "I think we're supposed to be. But I swear, I'm awesome completely by accident!" Then I think there might have been a sportscar, a beach, and a lovely (wholesome) end to a Disney-esque movie.

But seriously, I think that might be my spiritual gift: being awesome. (Humble of me, I know.)

What can I do? I suck at teaching. I'm not a terribly good player of anything other than X Box, and that doesn't go well with a worship team. I could probably get by speaking from a podium, or something, but what I love to do, and what I think I'm good at doing is meeting people. I guess I'm like my father in that way. Meet somebody and talk.

I've made the observation that I'm not as good a conversationalist to people I already know well. And I'm a bit abrasive sometimes, depending on who you are. But really, I love to get to know people. I love to hear, and to listen. And then I love to talk.

I just need to get out there is all, I guess. Example: I noticed a girl on the bus was totally checking me out*. So I was like "uuh." and I sort of looked away. I glanced back here and there, but really, I didn't know what to do.

*might not have actually been checking me out. But she was kind of cute, so I'll operate on the assumption that she was.

Where am I going with this? Nowhere, honestly. It's just a little bit of ego self-inflation to end the day with. German quiz tomorrow. Hopefully I do better than last friday's 3.5/13. I've been doing flashcards. Seriously, I rock so much. People on the bus must have thought I was crazy tonight, because I kept muttering things like "Amerikanish," and "die Leute," just loud enough to hear myself over the engine.

This must obviously mean I'm the sexiest man alive.

1 comment:

Robyn McHugh said...

yeah, I DID read that response and I fully disagree with Isaac Asimov. Smartie.