12 September 2006

Juice!

So the title isn't meant in that utterly moronic "JUICED!" way that the morons of Herdman often used it.

I'm literally talking about juice here today.

I just went to the grocery store because I'm all out of beverages besides Pepsi. Colemans is one song away. About three minutes.

I looked for my favourite grape juice, but they don't carry it. President's Choice White Grape juice is most excelent. I've only ever found it at Dominion though. Instead I bought my backup juices. McCain's Apple and Orange juice. Them's good stuff.

I just looked at my reciept, and noticed an 8¢ "Government Deposit" tacked on after my juice. What's up with that? Is it like a tax? There is no tax added on for my juice, so that could be it.

Well, Government? Where is all this money going?


Oh. Right.

2 comments:

Tammy Williams said...

They have been doing this in other provinces for a while now. It is a way to get people to recycle more. As far as I know, that deposit is about the same amount you would get back if you were to recycle it at a bottle depot or something. Recycling is huge down here too. We have a large bin, just like our garbage bin, that we put out every week and a truck comes by to pick up all of our recyclables. I am thinking that is why you had to pay that extra 8 cents.

Anonymous said...

Presidents Choice is Dominion's store brand,aka they make it so it's only sold at Dominions (or other loblaws stores).
The $0.08 is a bottle deposit, if you bring the bottle back to a recycling depot, you will get $0.05 of it back.