27 September 2006

To the world that has taken me for granted too long ...

Fine.

I'll interject. I'll impose. I'll include myself. I'll disrupt.

Because waiting for invitations, or assuming you'll get back around to me isn't working.

When you complain to me, I feel happy. Because I'm important then. You confide in me. But when you confide in each-other all the time, and forget that I care, I wonder what I'm here for.

When you say you don't care, it hurts my feelings. I don't expect you to understand Java. I don't expect you to learn German. But I always hoped you would listen. Because I really don't understand theory. I'll never use chemestry. But I'm interested because you're interested.

When you blow off what I'm interested, I'm hurt. I haven't asked anybody to go to the arcade with me, because everyone always says no. I haven't forced any X Box Playing, because it lasts five minutes, and then we want to move on. So how can you be confused when I only ask once or twice to do things with me? One or two "No"s so often means "never." Ten minutes of X Box. Go to the resturaunt once. A dollar's worth of Arcade Games.

These past three weeks (most of this week excluded) I've felt very much an island. Especially for a guy who is ALL ABOUT community.

Family is something I've always taken for gratned. I've always worked hard at it, but I've always worked hard at being there, because everyone I've ever loved seemed to know I was there. They would come when they need me, and be there when I need them. Now I just need to re-focus my attention. Simply being here doesn't seem to be enough. It looks like I have to invade to show love to you people.

Though I hate being assertive, I'm fine with that. Because you're my friends.

No comments: