06 September 2006

First Day of University and a New iTunes Philosophy

So I started my post-secondary (what does that really mean, anyways) education today.

The day began bright and early. I set my alarm for 0630, but woke up at 0610. I kind of laid around while I waited for Meagan to finish her shower. Yes we have two bathrooms, but two showers going at the same time is not equivalent to awesomeness.

So I waited, then showered, and then ate a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Following my exciting breakfast, I journeyed with Meagan to MUN. It was an adventure.

I'll only post interesting things about my classes, because this can get really boring.

I have 279 classmates in my Math 1000 class. I think the professor might be "that terrible one" that my cousin warned me of. Meagan, I will be bugging you to teach me calculus. Count. On. It.

I immediately knew I was in the right place when I wandered into my "Object Oriented Programming 1710" class. Most everyone was the stereotypical nerd. Nobody spoke while we waited for the professor, untill I started chatting with the dude next to me. Even then we were pretty much the only two speaking. My Prof's a woman. I knew that, but people seem suprised to hear it.

I walked home, waited around, did up a schedule for my first term, and then bussed back to the school for 12.

German looks like it'll be fun. It bothered me that one of my classmates was already pretty much fluent in German. This IS an introductory course, miss. There's also an older (30ish, sorry if that makes you feel old) lady in the class. That's neat. First German words were spoken, and somebody tried to impress the teacher with an internet translation. I hope I do well.

Physics and English are tomorrow. Yay.

Also, I finally broke down and bought some Regina Spektor songs on iTunes. I didn't want to spend a full $10 on the whole album, so instead I picked the songs I'll actually listen to, and downloaded those five. Now I still have $15 on iTunes to last me a while.

I've decided I'm going to start living like a monk to save up a buffer, and then buy that X Wing: Rouge Squadron Omnibus I was talking about a post or two ago.

Captain Amazing is coming over soon. Be excited.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Yay Regina!

In my Poli Sci class, there's a guy in there that's at least 65. It's funny because the Prof looks like he isn't even 35 yet.