12 September 2006

University Daze

So I'm here at University again. I've already got a map in my head, of the Food court, of where the Wireless sucks, and where it's good. Unfortunate: secluded, less-noisy places generally have terrible wireless.

I'm listening to a Skillet single I bought on iTunes last night. It's very good. "Rebirthing."

I'm planning to buy my lunch today. I also need to drop my computer off at the service centre, to have the drive repaired. I got the message on the answering machine yesterday.

In English we needed an example of a "Tall Tale." Somebody shouted "David and Goliath."

Incredible how history can be taken as fable, isn't it? Another thing that bothered me was that the teacher said that Fables came before "Tall Tales." Aesop was around 620-560 B.C. 01 and 02 Samuel was written somewhere from 1000-800 B.C., I thought. So even if "David and Goliath" was an example of a "Tall Tale." it predates Fables. Which is a problem if what she's teaching is supposed to be true.

I love Professor Bobby though. She's so ... Indian.

No comments: