31 August 2006

In St. Johns

So. Here it is. My last day NOT living in St. Johns.

I'm not feeling anything incredible, to be honest. I was supposed to do something with Jillian tonight, since my cousins are both out, but that seems to have fell through. Sometime the weekend, perhaps Saturday, we'll do somehting.

I'm in a bit of a spot. On one hand I'm feeling a sense of duty, or something to the CB crowd that I'm living with, but I also feel like I desperately need to get into contact with some friends from St. Johns. I wouldn't mind [scratch that, I'd LOVE to] do something with all them, maybe even introduce CB crowd to SJ crowd, but I'm not sure how the family'll take that. The parents of all three families will be around, and I don't want to make them feel like we've dumped them. Maybe it's best if I just go with St. Johns kids? But then what's mom going to do? An akward spot.

Zack won't be as hard to get into contact with as I had expected, seeming as several mutual friends abound. Also, contacting Brad won't be difficult, so I'm already feeling like I've broken in to St. Johns.

The bus route I'm looking at right now goes right past my new house, to Water Street, the University, and Avalon Mall. Everywhere I was/am excited to go. I've done the math on my money, and I'm not going to have to live as much like a monk as I had feared.

I've got books for three of my subjects. Physics I'm getting tomorrow, and Object Oriented Programming doesn't have a textbook or anything listed yet. I can't wait to do German.

I'm getting giddy.

Tomorrow can't come fast enough.

3 comments:

Susan said...

You're taking German??

Okay, I really mean this: I want you to periodically email me ENTIRELY in German. I loved taking my German courses and I'd love to get back into it again. Who's your prof?

Tammy Williams said...

"Du sprichst deutch? Ich nicht finde meine vetter doof. Ich So bin ich eben. Ich glaube, dieses mann heiBt klug."

Your task all year is to figure out what I just said. I took 2 semesters of German and loved it while I was doing it, but I'm not so sure if I know what I am saying anymore.

Have fun in SJ! Hopefully I will see you at Christmas time.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy this new phase in your life!! University is awesome.