20 August 2006

Sam Jackson's Prank Calls

Wow. I just found this like, three minutes ago, and I've already sent one to Scott.

My phone rang, I picked it up, and scott said "You Jerk!"

I said "Scott! What are you mad for? I just got you a call from Sam Jackson, man!"

This, my friend, has got to be some of the best marketing I've ever heard of. It's word of mouth, plus one.

In case you don't know what I'm getting on with, I'll explain it for you. I found a website that lets me send a message from Samuel L. Jackson to any friend of mine, by telephone. Supposedly this is Sam Jackson intimidating my friends into seeing the movie. Here's a "Transcript."

"Scott! This is Samuel L. Jackson. Now, you may know me for my roles in movies like Pulp Fiction, Star Wars, and The Incredibles, but I'm here today to make sure you go see a movie that holds a special place in my heart. That's right, I'm talking about Snakes on a Plane. I know that sounds crazy, but I don't give a d*** because Snakes on a Plane just might be the best motion picture ever made! It's that good, so listen up: forget about your regular job. Studying all those brain busting school books. And stop wasting all your free time playing those mind numbing Video Games. And for god's sake, quit fiddling with your dorky glasses! Just hop in that tin can you call a "car," go get your friend, Joshua, and go see Snakes on a Plane. The one summer blockbuster that'll take a big nasty bite out of your butt! It's simple: do as I say, and you live. You don't want to mess with me on this one, beceause I will come after you! Ya hear me?"

Now, if I hadn't already seen the movie, and I got a call like that, I'd be on the first bus down to the theatre. You don't want Mace Windu after you!

No comments: