29 August 2006

Corrugated Life

So my entire life right now seems to be represented by Corrugated Cardboard. Everything I'm looking to bring to St. Johns is in a box, except for my computer, and stuff that's too big to fit into a box.

I got the CD yesterday that I'd been waiting on for months. Veggie Rocks. Let me tell you, that listening to Rebecca St. James sing the Veggie Tales theme song, moved me. I was half disgusted, half delighted at the absurdity.

Favourite tracks, and artist's names:

I Love My Lips - Stevenson
In the Belly of the Whale - Newsboys¹
The Water Buffalo Song - Superchic[k]
I'm So Blue - Paul Coleman
The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything - Relient K²
I Can Be Your Friend - O.C. Supertones
His Cheeseburger - Tait³

1-Newsboys are actually coming to YC this year. From this song alone, I'm excited.
2-This song alone was the reason I decided to buy this CD. The song has lost it's shine, but it's still very fun.
3-Michael Tait (where the band gets the name from) played the Jesus character in "Hero! The Rock Opera." Hearing his voice singing a love song to a cheeseburger made me pee myself laughing.

I really have the urge to play some X Box 360 right now, but as I alluded to earlier, it's packed up with everything else. I'll have to wait until Friday. In the meantime, flashgames will have to tie me over.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you're enjoying your new c.d.! Sometimes some silly music can really lighten the mood!