03 August 2006

Crashed Plans

So. For various reasons, mostly including a breakdown in communication, the trip I was anticipating ALL summer has been called off. What is it with me and getting this stuff called off? I was excited to go to Moncton, but my parents crapping out made that impossible. Then when we tried to book a cabin for this weekend (a bit late, I'm sure) everywhere within decent driving distance was booked solid, or a billion dollars a night.

So I'm stuck with another chunk of time off. What the hell happened here? My parents and everybody swore that I'd either be working all summer, or away all summer with friends and family, seming as it's the last summer before university. NEITHER has frigging happened. I've gotten crap-all hours, and with all the time I've had off, I've gone NOWHERE, with the exception of one great family reunion.

Plus now, a friend of mine and I are on the outs because of the planning of the weekend, which I don't understand. I called ten cabins in order to find one, that we could all go to, and have fun TOGETHER, and all of the sudden she's all cold to me. I've searched the chat-log on MSN, and I can't find out what I did wrong, so I'm a bit confused at that.

Maybe the situation is salvage-able? We could go tenting, but it's supposed to rain on Saturday. I'm okay with that, but of course, I'm the only one who is.

What is going on here? Why do I so positively feel like a pile of cow crap today?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you need to give cow crap more credit..

Josh said...

Well, gee. Thanks.