25 August 2006

Post Count, Staples, and Farewells

PART 1:

I decided I'd do a post count today.

I got my first blog November 22nd, of 2004. Total: 103 posts, over 1 Year, 3 months. My second real blog was my MSN Space, started February 2nd, 2006. Total 92 posts, over 7 months. Between my first and second blogs, was my 1up.com blog, which is now lost. Total: 2 posts, over an unspecific amount of time. Finally, the blog you all know and love, started in July of this year. Total: 26 posts, over 2 months, so far. I should also mention there is one more post made on a re-director blog I made, after changing the URL for this one.

The Breakdown:
103 "The Catchy Title Blog"
92 "King Bob v3 Live"
2 "King_Bob_v3's Blog"
1 "Redirector"
26 "Gibeon Cafe"
=====
224 Total

I never celebrated my centenial post, nor my bicentenial. I'll have to celebrate my tricentenial, which should come in the spring of next year. Thank you for allowing me that ego-stroke =D

PART 2:

Now, today was my very last day at Staples. I didn't think I'd get sentimental over such a foolish thing, but I did. A list of memories:

Throwing printers to other associates. Not one fell and broke my entire year working there.

Learning not to trust built in handles on boxes, unless they are reinforced with tape. Taught by a few tumbling monitors, falling down ladders.

Joking with Wayne and Aaron about customer's mispronnounciations.
Toshiba: TAW-shee-baa instead of To-SHEE-baa.
Linksys: LIN-skeys instead of LINK-ses
Epson: ee-pee-ess-oh-enn instead of EP-son
Lexmark: LEN-marr, Len-MARX, instead of LEKS-mark

Finding excuses to forget working on the sales floor, and go see Garrett, where we would both joke and laugh about customers, computers, and everything else.

Breaking down boxes. You have no idea how fun I found that.

Talking to Brian about everything.

Learning from Aaron how to be an efficient slacker.

Calling the Manager on Duty when I meant to phone somebody else (happened waaay too often).

Speaking to customers who have absolutely no idea what they're talking about, but pretend that they know everthing. And laughing at them later.

Speaking to customers who admit they don't know much, and educating them. Made my day when somebody admitted they didn't know much.

Talking with Corner Brook's resident Mac entheusiest, and convincing him NOT to give in to windows. Also, allowing him, to pretty much sell me a MacBook Pro. (He saved me about $230, by giving me the education tip)

Learning so much about computers, tech, retail, and people.

It wasn't the best job on Earth, but I'd never have asked for such a good first job. I only hope I was a good example of Christ's love, to people indifferent, and some angry, at God.

Part 3:

Last night, I hung with Adam, and Scott. We really didn't do much. I asked scott to bring his computer, so we could try getting around a problem I'm having with ripping a DVD, but that didn't work out. In the end, we just sat around and played flash games, and listened to comedy on Scott's laptop.

After wasting 2 hours doing pretty much nothing, we felt motivated enough to leave the house. We went to Louis-Gees, for potentially my last time ever. Only Adam and I ate, because Scott wasted all of his money (including his X Box 360 money) on candy. Yes, several hundred dollars on CANDY.

We ate, and Scott called Maggs, Curtis, and Becca, and went to hang with them. I did not follow because I had work the next day, and because I didn't care for hanging out with people who are barely grudging aqquaintances. A tearful (not literally) goodbye was drawn out, and I told scott I'd see him in October.

Scott's been one of my best friends since Grade 9. I didn't even like him in Grade 8, because he was good friends with one of my good friends. The jealousy thing. Anyways, we met, and found ourselves friends, and the rest, they say, is history. He got involved with a girl, and drifted. They broke up, we were best friends again. That's how guys roll. In Level 3, he was in 5/7 courses with me, and we constantly worked together, and spent hours joking. I don't even remember where I was going with this. He's a bit of an idiot, but honestly, one of the greatest guys I know. Why are you not going to St. Johns. Sadness.

Adam and I then drove to his house, where he left me until October or December. Adam's an individual. I remember ages ago he was "going out" (oh the hilarity. I snort when people my age claim to be in a committed relationship, let alone then!) with a friend of mine. I harboured an insey crush on said girl at the time, but didn't think for a minute I could ever do anything about it. Adam is just an aweosme guy. I don't know if I could wrest the heart of anybody away from him. Charisma is all I can say. Also, I can say that the girl that was, and any girl that might be, would be the luckiest person alive to be close with a dude like that. Charisma again. Character. A genuine person. I hope his former struggle, he hasn't fallen to. And I pray that he does overcome his struggle some day.

That's all I can really say right now. I might have a few more reminicent posts in the next few days, so watch out.

Also, my post count is now 225. Wewt.

No comments: