08 August 2006

Bed on Time

So ... there seems to be so little for me to do tonight, it appears I'll be able to make it to bed a decent hour. To combat this, I blog, but nevertheless, it appears I'll be in bed before midnight.

I called Apple customer support today. I couldn't find a support number at first, and the number I finally came up with was for the American Customer Support line. After being on the phone for a total of 15 minutes, the dude I was speaking to realized I was Canadian, and gave me the correct number.

The girl I talked to for Canadian help was great. I could have told her straight up "My CD drive is broken and needs to be replaced." but I didn't, and subsequently spent the next 20ish minutes doing whatever she told me to, in order to figure out the problem. She gave me the number to the MUN service center in St. Johns, to call tomorrow and see if they can help me.

This is what irks me about that: I was IN MUN two weeks ago, looking for said service center. I went to the campus tech help place, and they told me the only place that would service Macs in St. Johns was JW Allen. Not only do I not want to leave my 2 thousand dollar computer in their quite incapable hands, but we couldn't find the shop anyways.

So here I am looking at shipping my Mac back there, at my cost, when I was already in there and told there was nothing anybody could do for me.

Anyways, I'm going to be Mac-less for a little bit, but that's okay. As long as everything's tip-top for University, that's what counts.

In other news, I downloaded the Dead Rising demo on X Box Live today. That is an incredibly gory game. Is it wrong I found it oh-so-fun? Well, those are seperate issues, but I've been wondering lately what a true Christian should feel and think about the media and entertainment we partake in.

Case in point: Crash. Excelent movie, all things told. Only black marks against it are the constant streams of curses, and one or two more-explicit-than-it-needs-to-be scenes. Mind you, those are very dark, and very wide marks. Should those marks mean that I as a Christain shouldn't partake in the viewing of the movie?

Some would hear that and say "What? Are you crazy? That is drawing 'the line' back waaaaay too far." Some would say "You shouldn't even WANT to watch those movies." Thoughts?

2 comments:

Meagan said...

hmm. The answers to these types of questions are things that will forever puzzle me. Like Crash. It presented an excelllllent message, and I thought the way it tied up at the end was absolutely brilliant. But the F-ing was pretty ridiculous. There was nooooo need of it. But it presents a message that's righteous and of substance, right? And then I go back to that old rule of thumb I like where I conclude that if it's something I wouldn't want The Coopers to know about, maybe I shouldn't be at it at all. And I just don't know. It was a good movie, though.

As a sidenote, this comment reminds me of my love affair with Rent.

Josh said...

Hmm, that "Coopers to know about" thing sounds alot like that thing that people tell me. "If you would be ashamed if Jesus walked in while you were watching/doing/smelling whatever, it's probably bad."

Though it's often not as easy as that =(