06 August 2006

Weekend at Nan's

So if you read that last post at all, you'd think I just sat home playing Chromehounds all weekend. Well, you'd be wrong.

As I was working away, helping a lady with a chair at work on Friday (I got called in), a familliar face strolled onto the furniture pad. Meagan! She proceeded to inform me of a brilliant plan to salvage the weekend. She was going to Woody Point with her nan, and thought "Hey, Josh and Sarah should be able to come!"

Well, we went, and yesterday morning, despite the rain, Sarah and I drove up into Gros Morne, and met up with Meagan and her Nan. Some good times were had, despite myself being a little bit moody here and there.

We went to the store, and bought pop-rocks, and ponchos. Meagan and Sarah had fun with the ponchos, I'll tell you that. After that we went walking down the beach, and hunting for seaglass. I left all of mine, except for two pieces, which I just realized I forgot at the house we stayed in.

For supper we went out to what seemed to be the nicest resturaunt in town. Now, that's not difficult to be, when your compitition includes like, one other place, but honestly: I'd probably go to this place if it were here in Corner Brook. I ordered Perogies and Fries Dressing and Gravy, but the waitress came back soon after, letting me know they were out of Perogies. I changed my order to Mussels and Fries Dressing and Gravy. When the meal came, not only did I get my revised order, but the waitress brought out the last perogies they had left, free of charge. Great!

After that we went back to Meagan's Nan's house, fished a little bit, went on a short drive, watched some fire works, and finally had a fire, so close to the water that at several points I was afraid the water would put out part of it. (For the record: it didn't)

The night was pretty good, in a nice comfortable bed. This morning I woke up, and we all got up to a nice breakfast. We went to a convinience store (who the owner opened up on a sunday in order to get Meagan the stuff she wanted) and bought supplies to do that Pepsi and Mentos thing. After that we sort of sat around, waiting for lunch, after which, Sarah and Myself left to come home.

Great driving in (despite rain) and out, and an excelent time. I'd love to be able to do that sort of thing more often! I'll post some pictures once I manage to transfer them to my computer.

Tomorrow I'm going to call Apple to see what they can do about my crappy CD drive. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

1 comment:

Josh said...

Eeh, this template is gross.

And yup, not too long and I'll be there in St. Johns :)