14 August 2006

Early Work and X Box Supremacy

Well I'll probably be going to bed a mite earlier tonight, for the simple fact that I'm working tomorrow at 6, which means I have to be up at 5.

It's not so bad. I'm working for 5 hours, and only 2 of those hours I have to really deal with customers, so that's good. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind serving customers, but they're tiring sometimes.

Something else about Staples: We sold our 2nd X Box 360 on Sunday. We got them weeks ago as a promotion to have kids dragging their parents into the store, so we can trap them and force them to spend money on other things. It's actually a good deal, despite it not working in it's intended way. Ten dollars cheaper than even EB Games. Take that Meagan. Staples is expensive my big toe!

Speaking of the X Box 360, I'm glad to report that even Official Play Station Magazine editors are defecting. I have this inherent hatred for Sony, even though I have no reason for such loathing. X Box 360 might not be technically as powerful as the PS3 is forecasted to be, but that only really matters if a developer takes time to put the extra effort in. Simply: nobody does, so 360 and ps3 seem to be evenly matched.

I will eventually want to buy a Play Station 3, so it's not like I'm a die-hard Microsoft zealot. The thing is Sony has made alot of mistakes lately, regarding it's 'entertainment machine,' and I want to be there to point and laugh.

And though I'm no zealot, I am a pretty big X Box fanboy. I can admit to that.

Finally: Because a certain person has informed me that she skims my blog, and I'm sure many do, I will add the following section to longer posts.

SKIMMER VERSION:

- I'm working early tomorrow.
- X Box 360s are cheaper at Staples
- Staples is not overpriced
- OPM Editors like the X Box 360
- I dislike Sony
- I will probably eventually buy ps3
- I love X Box
- Skimmers make my life harder (=P)

3 comments:

Meagan said...

Much appreciated. But I read it all this time. The Staples vs. Reasonably Priced Retail Store debate caught my attention.

BAHA.

Anonymous said...

do 360's at staples come with warenty?

Josh said...

360s come with 1 year warranty through Microsoft.

You can get an extended service plan (to extend coverage to 2 or more years) through staples, but that's extra ($45/year I think?).