19 August 2006

I Hate Retail

So I'm off tomorrow. Thank goodness. I'll probably be up a bit late tonight, watching DVDs, and surfing the interweb. Glee.

Tomorrow there's a planned picnic in the park for 1130. After that I'll probably do a bit of shopping for University. After supper I'm thinking I might see if I can round up anyone to go see Snakes on a Plane with me. Just because.

Staples honestly exhausts me. I've only worked two days in a row, 8 hours apiece, but I can tell you: I'll go on welfare before I work retail for the rest of my life. I enjoy speaking with people, and learning about products. I dislike standing. I hate having to meet sales quotas and all that junk. I know that's just how sales is, but I guess that means I'm not cut out for it. Sorry Capatalism, I'd rather create than regurgitate.

I'm going to see who I can speak to about going on leave instead of quitting, but the picture that one manager painted me isn't too good for my Christmas time off. I wanted to see if I could work when I'm home, and make some money for my second term, but that doesn't look like it'll happen. In some ways I'm relieved, but in others I'm not. Especially since this now means I'll have to a) pinch pennies tighter than I was going to (as in, untill my fingers bleed), or b) stress myself out over trying to find a good job for three weeks. I don't think it's going to happen, but I'll question those who know more about it in the coming weeks.

No comments: