18 March 2007

Sunrise and Music

Click and read, folks:


I've been going through some webcomic archives, and I came across this one, probably one of my favorite xkcd comics.

This has sort of set me on thinking about sunrise. I still haven't managed to catch one this year. I think sometime this week I'm gonna get up super-early, and go somewhere to watch. I say that, but I know it won't happen.

There's also mention of music. I've recently purchased two albums from the iTunes store, Relient K's new Five Score and Seven Years Ago, as well as David Crowder Band's slightly older Sunsets and Sushi (Experiments in Spectral Deconstruction).

As with every other album ever, there are a few songs that just infuse me with energy. I listen to O Praise Him (All This For A King) [Oceanic Mix], and it's a great feeling. I just want to walk. I want to watch everything that happens around me. And I want the music to follow.

And then on Relient K's CD, Come Right Out and Say it, Forgiven, Devastation and Reform, Faking My own Suicide, Bite my Tongue, and Up and Up, all of them just make me want to run. To find something worth running to, and just give it.

It's unfortunate that these elations have to die. I listen to something inspiring, but then I remember that life isn't as simple as "run" or whatever other feelings they evoke.

But let's all just pretend it is that simple. Because it feels good.

1 comment:

Tammy Williams said...

I see the sunrise every morning and let me tell you - I would rather be in bed!