12 March 2007

Rediscovery of Ancient Truths

Today I was met with revelation. Well, maybe not a revelation, but you know what I mean: I've re-applied this truth that I've known to my life.

A friend of mine on Friday, while I was sitting alone, and thinking, came over, and we had a very short conversation. I was rebuked lightly for complaining about the state of my relationships, and yet sitting on my own during the skating. I can see what she was saying, but that really wasn't what I was having trouble with.

We went on, and I got a little bit introspective. Perhaps in pursuing new friendships, I was letting the old fall into disrepair.

I thought long and hard on that, and then tonight, asked some folks out to coffee.

One of the reasons I was pursuing other friendships was the fact that deep conversation, deep connection didn't really happen that much in the friendships I had previously. I realize now that I had a large part in that.

I decided to trust in the evening, to let it take it's course. Conversation was fluid, and touched on some deep topics I had been longing to converse on for a while.

Why am I so stupid some days?

New friendships will still be pursued, but never again at the expense of the old. I did that in High School, and it was a dumb idea. I've done that this month, and it's proven to be just as dumb. I'll try and remember never to do that again.

Also, I'm thinking I might actually go for the SASF exec next year. I had toyed with the idea, then jettisoned it as ludacris. But now, I'm not sure.

Whatever happens: happens.

No comments: