11 March 2007

300

I went to see 300 today. I tried to get somebody to go with me, but failed. Turns out, I asked the wrong people. Oh well, better luck next time on that one.

Anyways, all I have to say is 'fantastic.' It was highly stylistic, and impossibly unhistoric. But that's okay, because it wasn't trying to stay true to life.

Warning: ABSOLUTELY NOT for everyone. There were a few scenes with nudity, and most of it was unnecessary. Also, there is a lot of blood. Nothing in the way of internal organs rolling on the ground, mind you, but there's a lot of blood sort of being flicked around. It's almost a character. A few severed limbs and beheadings, too.

In a sentence: extreme on the violence. But that's pretty much the point of the movie, and it did it's job well, in pushing the story forward. A very basic story, but a story nonetheless.

So yeah, I can't wait for more people to go see it, so I can talk about it.

Josh is happy.

EDIT: Mamsy Pamsy off of Relevant Forums put it best, I think:

"One of the manliest movies I have ever seen. It's right up there with Braveheart and Fight Club.

Seriously, the message of the movie was "I AM MAN!""

No comments: