01 January 2007

2007!

So!

It's 2007.

It doesn't feel very different. It's funny ... a few people have talked about feeling more mature now, or remembering "growing up" at the age I'm at now, but it's safe to say, I haven't done so. I'm still a fool, who hardly knows which side is up.

"Wisest is he who knows he does not know"

So I know I'm a fool ... that make me wise now? Not quite. I like that quote, but it does leave something to be desired.

What's going to happen in 2007? There are 365 days of opportunity ahead of me. What can I do with all that time?

Maybe if I don't worry about it, incredible things will happen anyways. You know, accidentally.

Resolutions? I don't particularly like New Year's resolutions. Somebody commented to me once a few years ago that they're a Procrastinator's trick. You sound good for having resolutions, but you decide to put them off until a particular date.

If there are a few resolutions I'd like to make, they'd be as follows:
-Stop spending so much time on my computer, maybe get a typewriter.
-Read a little bit more.
-Chill with people more often.
-See my Nan more often (since it's a resolution that in all likelihood I won't be able to make next year).
-Make an effort to slow down my speech since I don't need to be talking that fast anyways, and it makes me sound more like a fool.
-Stop worrying about making mistakes.
-Go on at least three dates before the semester ends (how can I deny female kind of this any longer? It's simply cruel!).
-Stop talking about myself like I'm God's gift to humanity (though we all know I am).

I've sort of been working on those for a few weeks anyways, but maybe calling them "New Year's Resolutions" will give them more clout. Doubtful.

Bedtime.

No comments: