14 January 2007

Darker Tomorrow

Tonight I'm going to go to bed after a pretty wicked day.

Tomorrow I'm going to wake up in a much darker St. John's.

Catherine and Greg are going to Ontario, until at LEAST next September. Seeming as I'm thinking there's a possibility I won't be here next year, it's going to be a while until we can next hang out.

The group that's been hanging out here has been Greg, Catherine, Meighan, and Mark. As very upbeat, fun people, I think we'd all agree that Greg and Catherine were the core of the group.

It's not fair. I crippled myself in the first two months of being here in St. Johns, and when I finally pursued relationships outside of my house, I got probably the best Christian friends I'd ever had.

Now that group has been very much exploded.

I know we'll all meet again someday ... maybe even next September, depending on how it all works out ... but that's no consolation for the fact that my social habit in St. John's just went straight to hell.

Square one much?

In the meantime Mark is going to put our "That 70's Show" Video on youtube in the next few days. It's basically Greg, Mark and I trying to act like stoners a-la That 70's Show's circle hotbox thing they do. I have to admit, I was hugely discouraged after a poor showing at the McWhiteson house. However, tonight my fears of lame-ness were dashed by people rolling on the floor. Hey, I guess it's just a case of differing senses of humor after all.

3 comments:

Tammy Williams said...

WWW.AUCNUC.CA - Go check this site out! It is the school that I worked at in Calgary and I know you would get a good education there if you plan on doing theology. The bad news is, it's far from home. The good news is, it's not far from Edmonton (where Susan is moving) and not TOO far from us (15 hour drive). Hope you find your calling in the days ahead!

Susan said...

Jillian, Kayla, Heather, and I tried to do a "That 70s Show" circle thing once, and it just made no sense. It probably would have helped if we actually planned it out before we started filming.

Jillian said...

HAHAHHAHA

Man Susan, I remember that. What a laugh. We definitely had some good times.