05 January 2007

Edumication

A short conversation today with my Father about Asbury College, in Kentucky, has spawned much brain-turning in me. I'm beginning to hate this whole thinking thing. A year ago I had a bit of contempt for Arts Students. Now I am one.

A few months ago, when everybody was talking about leaving MUN for greener pastures, I thought they were being foolish. Now I'm thinking about it.

I tell you, the most mail I ever got was from Booth College, in Winnipeg, and now I'm looking their way. It might be just perfect. Cost of a year there is estimated on their site at $13 000, not too much more then at MUN, and certainly not the $26 000 USD for Asbury College. I can do Christian Studies in Booth, and Philosophy through The University of Winnipeg. As an added bonus, Booth is an affiliate of Jerusalem University College, and I could do a term or two there if I could ever make the money for it.

Perhaps? I think I'll talk to an academic adviser about it soon. Or Marlene. I still have no idea how much this would even cost. I'd have to get an application soon.

No comments: