24 January 2007

A Gross Day

Josh awoke that disgusting Wednesday morning to his alarm clock. The display read six forty five. Dreading both possible outcomes in different ways, he rolled out of bed, and checked the Memorial University of Newfoundland's website.

Classes canceled for the morning. More info coming at eleven o'clock. The pang of grief Josh felt for the lost Philosophy class gave way to the realization that the day was his to conquer.

A glance across the room became a stare. The bed beckoned. A desperate dive for comfortable refuge met the loving embrace of heavy blankets.

The only other thing that disturbed him before he arose at a bit after noon, was his roommate's clock radio conveying loudly the same information Josh had found on the internet. He didn't mind too much though. Good news could come as many times and ways as it wished.

...

=====

So that was my morning. Other than that my day was pretty bad. I didn't get any work done, and I found out later that my Psychology class wasn't canceled. Unfortunate since that was the only class I actually wanted to miss.

At supper time I decided that I'd throw something simple in my belly. "Meatballs, meet microwave." It was a delicious union.

At a bit after six I departed the house, bound for Psychology. I stopped into the corner store to pick up my anti-sad pills (aka. m&m's). After that I decided I needed to get a drink and picked up a Jone's soda from the shoppers down the road.

Let me tell you. The first m&m tasted a bit like happiness, but they went downhill as the bag got lighter. And Jone's Soda failed me for the first time ever. Not only did the picture on the bottle say "Protest Boredom" (a message I find quite shallow, even for a pop bottle), but the sage advice I'm supposed to find under the cap simply told me to turn off my cell phone. I don't have one, so it was pretty useless. Add all that to the fact that I think I've discovered the absolute worst flavor of drink ever. What the heck is Watermelon Soda anyways?

By the time I got to my Psychology class, my back was hurting more than it had been in the day, my sneakers, socks and pants were sopping wet, and my head hurt from trying to figure out why I was feeling as sad as I was.

I spent a total of 22 seconds in my Psychology class before leaving and coming home.

So today in numbers:

0: Challenges for a fight to the death
4: Number of cars that splashed me
22: Seconds spent in class
90: Pages of Frankenstein to be read for tomorrow
144: Grams of m&m's eaten
unknown: The number of licks to get to the center of a tootsie pop.

2 comments:

Susan said...

I've never tasted a Jones soda, but I generally enjoy watermelon-flavoured things, so I'd probably enjoy it. And for the record, the very worst soft drink ever is Vanilla Coke.

Jillian said...

HA
HAHAHAHAAH

Oh Tootsie rolls...
always funny.