04 December 2006

NERV


I've always loved the NERV logo. Strangely enough, though, today was the first time I noticed the motto, or whatever it is, written around the bottom.

"God's in his heaven, all's right with the world."

I can understand the sentiment, I guess we all can. Obviously I don't agree with the statement, but it feels sometimes like God isn't on our side, doesn't it?

I had this conversation with a friend of mine about a week ago. When stuff goes bad, we blame God, but do we even give a thought to the fact that Satan's probably working harder?

A friend of mine in High School was talking about his "religion" (actually a cult). He looked at me and said "... but you're a Christian, you don't believe in demons."

Oh no, my friend. I probably believe in them more than you do.

No comments: