18 December 2006

Blasphemy

This is sort of a response to The Blasphemy Challenge, and I know I don't get too many comments here (whether it comes from lack of readership, or lack of interest I'm not sure), but I thought I'd put this out there:

Does anybody have any thoughts on Mark 3:29? I don't want this to be too out of context, so I'll post the verses leading up to it, and the one following.

=====

22 And the teachers of the law who came down from Jerusalem said, "He is possessed by Beelzebul! By the prince of demons he is driving out demons."

23 So Jesus called them over to him and began to speak to them in parables: "How can Satan drive out Satan? 24 If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. 25 If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand. 26 And if Satan opposes himself and is divided, he cannot stand; his end has come. 27 In fact, no one can enter a strong man's house without first tying him up. Then he can plunder the strong man's house. 28 Truly I tell you, people will be forgiven all their sins and all the blasphemies they utter. 29 But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven, but is guilty of an eternal sin."

30 He said this because they were saying, "He has an evil spirit."

=====

Mark 3:22-30, from the TNIV.

No comments: