08 November 2006

"Pow!" Day

So, Tuesdays are supposed to be my slack day. Only two classes, with three hours between, and then the rest of the day for myself. But today has been a day of waiting, because at 3, I had a meeting with my "shrink" (he's actually a psychologist, not a psychiatrist, but I call him that because it makes me feel like I have big issues), at 5, I had a Physics test, and at 7, I had to catch a ride to Bible Study with Jillian.

My first "Pow!" came today with English, and realizing that I have an in-class assignment on Thursday. Nothing to worry about, but I just didn't expect it so soon.

My second "Pow!" came with my meeting with my Psychologist. He says I'm adapting. Or something. I've felt really good lately, and he's pretty much re-enforced the concept that it's doing stuff that's made me that way. Being with people, reading, watching movies, playing X Box. It's all good. I'm finding ways to escape, and ways to cope with life. And I'm also removing some factors that make me want to escape in the first place.

My third "Pow!" came with a conversation I had with my cousin about video games. I won't post her argument here, because I know I'll misrepresent her. Her arguments were mostly valid or excusable due to lack of experience, but it was interesting to hear the other side from somebody who isn't a crazy Florida Lawyer who shares my last name and who's first name rhymes with "Hack." My big thought came when I realized that we can still be on opposite sides of the argument and "know" we're right. Where am I wrong in my thinking? Well obviously, I think "nowhere," otherwise I wouldn't argue those points, but it's something to think about. Where do my prejudices, and inexperience color my perception. Even worse, where do my intense desires for things, wash out all rational arguments against the things I'm thinking about. Did that even make sense? Of course not.

My final "Pow!" was a big let-down, though it shouldn't have been. You know when you know the truth, but since nobody has corroborated your theory, you still hold on to the hope that you're wrong, and everything is how you want it to be? You know when somebody finally corroborates that truth, and you're like "Aaw, crap." Yeah, that's what happened.

She's a cool girl too. I don't even know her that well, and here I was pretending I had a chance to sweep her off her feet. It's probably for the best, since if I can't move in, I can't mess things up, yeah?

Ugh, wasn't I supposed to grow up somewhere between High-School and University? I'm chasing girls more hardcore here than I was a year ago! What's wrong with me? It's probably just that I'm still under the illusion that everyone around me is stupendous. I haven't learned everyone's vice. Plus there's a bit of loneliness. And the delusion that a girlfriend would make the world better all of the sudden.

I've also been using Google as a spell check, ever since FireFox 2.0 came out. Why you ask? Because it has spell-check built into it. I have to eliminate those red lines. They're like my kryptonite.

1 comment:

Tammy Williams said...

Looking forward to our COUSIN'S NIGHT next week. It seems like forever since I've seen y'all!