23 November 2006

Music, Lack of Late Fees, and Physics Labs

Exaggerated Story from my day:
Today, I professed my love for Zack. Initially I meant it as a joke, to simply get a reaction, but I've re-evaluated that position. I think I actually might be in love with Zack. He points me in the direction of free music.

Explanation and Exclamation:
There's a free music sampler on purevolume.com from Tooth & Nail records, and after downloading and having a listen, this is definitely the best free music ever. Heck, I'd have paid for it, but it's good that I didn't have to, since I'm broke anyways.

Expository paragraph on a band:
Greatest band discovery on my part: Anberlin. Seriously, have a listen. I'm in love with Paperthin Hymn because it's awesome. If you check out their myspace, you can watch the video.

Expository paragraph on a band:
And I believe these guys aren't new, but The Classic Crime, is fantastic too. Dave Pike told me to listen to them an age and a half ago, but this is the first time I've really listened. Fantastic sound.

Progression of post, in reference to title:
I returned my overdue game to MicroPlay, expecting to pay the late charge. The dude behind the counter let it slide though. They must have a policy of letting awesome dudes in blue hats off.

Tangent:
Yes, I'm wearing the blue hat again. The wind tries to take it away, but I like it. Plus it keeps my hair away from my eyes. And it's like an identification thing. And ladies who pass you on the street (I suspect) probably don't expect to be mugged by a thugish looking man in a blue hat.

Back on track, with next segment of title:
Tonight was my last Physics lab ever, if I have my say in it. It wasn't too bad. I'll miss playing with the carts on the table though, as my partner writes a bunch of numbers down. In High School, I was the one doing ALL the work (well, most) but now, I was the slacker. I did ask her if there was anything I could do, so when she said "Nope" all I could really do is fiddle, right?

Final Paragraph:
One week from tomorrow until classes end. Can't wait to have more free time. Hopefully Catherine, Greg, Meighan, Mark, etc. aren't working too much.

Second Tangent:
It's actually kind of weird hanging out with them, to be honest. Well, not really, but ... Catherine and Greg are going out, and Meighan and Mark are crazy childhood friends. Everybody's close, except for me, the outsider. Whenever I really connect with someone in the group, I worry that I'm putting their 'partner' as it were, out. Maybe if/when Rebecca and/or Steph manage to hang out with us, it'll be less "bleh."

Actual Final Paragraph:
I'd better end this before another tangent bites me in the face.

No comments: