19 November 2006

Poetry

So. I've procrastinated for three weeks until today, when I decided to do my critical analysis of a poem for English. The one I've picked (out of a possible three) is Richard Wilbur's "Year's End."

Do we have to understand every facet of something to appreciate it? Perhaps it's just a new level of appreciation. Somebody once argued to me that somebody who plays no musical instrument, can't really appreciate music. I argued that, while somebody who plays music might be able to appreciate it in a different way, anybody can appreciate it if they take the time. He didn't get it.

I don't want to appreciate this poem so intensely. I want to think "Ha, nice poem!" and leave it there. But I can't.

I also discovered today that two of my cousins met their husbands through eharmony.com, a dating site. I've always just sort of rolled my eyes at that sort of thing, but it actually seems legitimate to me now that I've seen it work twice (without even realizing it, either).

So if reach 25, still single, with no prospects, I'll have to check it out (ha).

3 comments:

Dayna Curtis said...

It was actually www.christiancafe.com In case anyone was wondering!

Josh said...

Aah.

Dad told me eHarmony.com, so blame him for the error.

Tammy Williams said...

It worked out for both of us and yet we are both very cautious when others say they want to check it out. All I advise is be SAFE and don't give up too much information too quickly. Get to know the person first, just like you would in person.

PS. Both Dayna and I were over 25 when we met our husbands on there so, yes, you have some time yet. Any girl would be lucky to have you!

Blessings,
Tams