27 November 2006

Gross Monday

I feel so sick right now. This is bad, since Meighan has given me the ultimatum: stop coughing by Monday, or get dragged to the doctor. I'm not coughing as much, but now I actually feel sick. Gross.

This is my last "Mournful Monday" ever. Next term I won't have to wait around until 4:30 for a Computer Science quiz every Monday. Yeah!

I've got a ticket-thinger to an advance screening of The Nativity. It's good for two people, and despite having mass enough for three (discovered with a teeter-totter on a late-night trip to the park), I count as simply one.

Greg and Catherine are going. I'll feel like a tag-along if I don't get somebody else to go.

Going home in 2.5 weeks. Wewt, yes? Gotta do some work, make some money, and relax with friends. I'd better not have a free night while I'm home!

But at the same time, I wish I could be here over Christmas, in some ways. Or at least for new-years. But I'll have three months of St. John's next term, so I can't complain about spending an extra week in Corner Brook. Heck, I can't complain anyways, Corner Brook rocks.

I've also stopped getting annoyed at people writing "X"mas this year. People have complained to me that "You're 'X'ing out 'Christ!'" but that's not true at all. The letter X MEANS Christ.

It's the first letter in the Greek(or Latin, I'm not sure) spelling of 'Jesus' or something. Which evolved to be the letter that people wrote when they can't sign for themselves, AND the letter we use to signify the kiss in "xoxo."

I've talked to a guy who writes "Christian" as "Xian" now. Pretty neat.

Merry Xmas then!

No comments: