11 October 2006

... With a Kleptomaniac's Restraint ...

So. YC.

Wow.

I haven't really sat down and blogged about the whole weekend, so this'll be a short post on just that. I didn't have a digital camera, only a disposable one, and I only remembered I had that just now. So I have no pictures of the weekend. If you do, send them to me!

I had never really heard much of Desperation Band before, but I have to say that they've got possibly one of the best setups ever. There's like, a billion guys in the band, and they sort of take turns doing stuff. Example: Three guys shared "lead singer" duties. On their DVD I bought, there is an absolutely incredible music video for "Refuse To Be Denied." Seriously: FIND IT.

Starfield was cool. They're good, and I was so happy when their first chorous they did was "Revolution." Needless to say I sang the 'army' words once or twice through, then went with the crowd.

Tree63 I had only really heard of last year, and I'm not quite sure why it took me that long. They're so excelent. Look up "All Because (Acoustic Version)." Another excelent tune.

Newsboys ... I've already posted on these folks. I wasn't a big fan of them before, mostly because I had only heard one song by them (Which, I might mention, was great). By now I've listened to Shine: The Hits about five times through. How could I go this long without finding these guys either?!

Mike Crazylastname was awesome too. One word mom used to describe him was "real" and I agree 100%. He's got alot to teach, and he's only 23. I can't wait to sit down with his book.

Roosavelt Hunter was energetic again this year. During his breakout session, he (uisng sound guys, and a microphone) stopped my heart with possibly the loudest human shout I've ever heard. It was loud.

The whole YC ordeal this year seemed less Penticostal to me. Not a bad or good thing, just an observation. Less people keeled over, and less people cried out in uninteligable languages.

There's not much more to say, I guess. I met a few people for the first time, and re-aquainted myself with others.

I can't belive I spent that much money too.

Hoo my, I feel bad since this isn't as unified as other people's "YC" posts, but what can you do?

Also, Laia's family moves to St. Johns on the 26th. Pray.

1 comment:

Natalie Jill said...

I agree, this YC was moving but less Pentecostal than those in the past.

Several Pentecostal friends made that observation as well.

What a weekend though!

Great seeing you there!