04 April 2007

Ich hasse Englisch, sehen Sie?

I hate English

A quick translation note. I'm not sure if my title makes sense in German. So don't say it to anybody who happens to be German. They might laugh at you or invade France or something.

I hate English.

I've been working hard (or rather 'hardly working) at my English paper today. Well, not all of it, but the parts that I felt like it.

I hate English.

I'm finally just about done, but my last few paragraphs are crap. Unfortunate, since it' the most important part of my argument.

I hate English.

The paper also needs three secondary sources, but I've only managed to find and incorporate two decent ones. I'm going to have to go back over it and add in some sort of reference to my final source. This is going to be hard, since it doesn't mention war at all, and that's what my paper is about.

I hate English.

The worst part about this whole thing is the fact that I once so enjoyed these novels. Nineteen Eighty-Four was fantastic, and The Wars wasn't so bad. Now I've got an unending, seething hatred for all things George Orwell, or Timothy Findley.

I hate English.

At the very least, this is the last English paper I'll have to write ... ever. My exam is on Monday, so very soon I'll be finished with this devilish course for all of eternity.

I hate English.

Ich schreibe auf Deutsch jetzt ...

... weil Ich hasse Englisch.*

=====

* - (I write in German now ... because I hate English)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate English too! woo!