24 April 2007

My Summer

This summer looks like it'll be one to remember.

I think I've mentioned before that my Mother and I are going to Haiti on a Short Term Mission with the Ontario Great Lakes Division of the Salvation Army. Excitement hasn't exactly reached a fevered pitch yet, but it's certainly mounting. I can't wait to get down there.

I hate when people trumpet their own good deeds. "How good of a person am I?" is what I hear. But I seriously don't even see this trip like that. The buzzword for the group has been "Integrated Mission." We're going moreso to learn than anything else. And that's perfectly fine for me.

I just got an email today too, letting me know that I was accepted to another camp. It looks like I might actually be going to this one, afterwards, which is wicked.

But as soon as I realize this, the gravity hits me that I'm not going to get to spend as much of the summer with Corner Brook friends as I had hoped. I guess that's the nature of the beast, if I'm going to do the camp thing, but ... it's a little bit depressing. I hate the fact that I sort of tried to reject them in High School, and they've never even mentioned it. Here I am again, leaving these guys that I want to hang out with every night for the next three months.

Agh, sometimes I feel like a crappy friend. In my clamor to get away, and to see, to experience, I've left people behind.

It sucks.

And yeah, I'm realizing that this blog has turned out to be a bit of a patchwork. I mean, not the worst ever, but not exactly unified, you know? Maybe I'll work on that later, but this is the third draft I've done up tonight, and I'm posting something, I don't care how bad it is.

No comments: