21 April 2007

Samstag Nacht

Oh my! This comic (from xkcd) can be used to chronicle my Saturday night.



And right now, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Also, today was spent cleaning Mom's car. Mom gave me $20 and told me I could bring it to the car wash, or clean it myself (and keep the $20).

So I cleaned the car, and bought some iTunes moolah. I proceeded to download one of Relient K's older albums, Two Lefts Don't Make a Right ... But Three Do, since I so enjoyed their most recent Five Score and Seven Years Ago. I've only given it two listens through yet, but I'm enjoying it almost as much.

I finished my Star Wars book on Friday morning, and proceeded to pick up the next book in the series. So far I've only gotten through the prologue, but I'm sort of warming up to Troy Denning again. He's responsible for a major change to the Star Wars Universe that hurt me more than the death of my first dog. If anybody has read Star by Star, you know what I mean. It's a trust issue that's taking some time to deal with, but with The Joiner King, the healing has begun.

EDIT: I understand now! I may or may not have told the story before of ordering a "Pepperoni Pizza" while in Rome, Italy. I got a Pizza with cheese, and Peppers. That's because (apparently) "Peperoni" is the plural form of "Peperone" the Italian word for bell peppers! Which leads me to the question:

"How the heck did the 'spicy Italian-American variety of dry salami' come to be known as 'Pepperoni'?"

No comments: