19 April 2007

Missing MAD Parties

Foiled by Facebook again!

I checked myself some Facebook today, and saw that Jillian's MAD end-of-semester party was scheduled for Yesterday. I thought it was today, and had set aside everything from 6:00 onward for moping, and weeping, since I could not attend.

Furthermore, Facebook decided to add to my depression. Pictures tell the tale of good times had by all. Curse you Facebook! Curse you Good Times©! I meant to take all happiness with me when I came home, but couldn't bear myself to leave St. John's with four months of darkness. I leave a bit behind, and what do they do, but use it all up on one night!

In other news, I got my first rabies shot today, as well as my first typhoid shot, not to mention got my malaria pills as well! Oh boy! Tomorrow I'm going to learn to walk through fire without getting burned, and the next day we'll toughen my skin so that bullets will never penetrate! Justice League, here I come!

In the meantime, I started reading a Star Wars book yesterday, and have reached page 350 (2/3 done the first book in a trilogy) as of right now. I thought that was pretty amazing, considering I was having trouble reading anything at all in St. John's. Must be the whole home thing.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to start preparing a snack for Survivor. I haven't seen anything this season, but hopefully it won't be to hard to get into.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Im sorry you couldnt be here for our MAD parties. We'll have another one for sure next year.

-Jillian