07 April 2007

Languages

I've been thinking about Languages, and I thought it would be an excuse for a list.

Languages I'd like to learn and would likely use:
Hebrew
Ancient Greek
Latin

Languages I'd like to learn and might use:
German
Mandarin
Japanese
Russian
French

Languages I'd like to learn but would likely not use:
Arabic
Aramaic

That was actually quite anti-climactic.

I'm beginning to wonder if aspiring to continue German and take up Ancient Greek and Hebrew next year is a bad idea. Especially since both of the new languages would require new alphabets as well.

Who am I kidding? I'm never going to really learn any of these, am I? I'm going to work at Pizza Delight until I retire with a crumbling Philosophy degree behind my couch somewhere.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You could always try GREEK. After all, you DO have a cousin who is fluent in it. Maybe you and Gabrielle can carry on a Greek conversation then(Ha).
Aunt Glenda

Jones said...

I thought latin was a dead language. Let me know if I'm wrong here.

Josh said...

Yeah, Latin is dead (unless you're Catholic), as is Ancient Greek.

But a) it's still neat, and b) there's a lot of crap originally written in Latin. Of particular interest, of course, being a lot of stuff in Philosophy.