19 February 2007

Good People

Yay 200 posts at Gibeon Café.

I have to say, I'm getting a bit sick of people saying what they are.

People say they're mature. They're smart. They're a good person. But are those distinctions you're allowed to make about yourself? I personally don't think so.

The attitude is sort of summed up here ...

"I'm no adolescent. Call me a child, or call me an adult. I choose not to be a teenager. You choose what I am."

Some days I feel adult, and some days I feel childish. Some people seem to think of me as one, and others, the other.

Obviously I have a preference, but in order to be called a good person, for example, I can't just declare it. Act how I think a good person should act. If somebody notices, then and only then, do they and only they, get to make that decision on whether I am good or not.

Now to figure out what set my mind on this path ...

No comments: