02 June 2007

Why Does It Happen This Way?

Okay. So I just finished watching (finally) the Season finale of Jericho, a new CBS program that dealt with the aftermath of a Nuclear attack on America. It wasn't the most terrific show in the world ... the acting left something to be desired, and the stories were cliche in some places. But the premise was pretty neat, and it's flaws were bearable.

In the last few episodes Jericho had just begun to go to war with a neighboring town called New Bern. Favorite line of the series: "I am about to go to war with New Bern, Kansas, the home of the nearest Costco. Today is already about as wierd as I can handle, I'm not asking any more questions." From Johnston Green.

I was sort of getting into the war fever. The characters on either side had met before, some were friends. A telling line was when a certain character (don't remember who) said something along the lines of "Six months ago, there was a bitter Football rivalry between our High Schools. Now we're going to shoot at each-other."

So it was a bitter necessity to be fighting like that. The tension you could get into. You sort of grimmance when either one of them is staring down the barrel of the gun. The season ends before the war really gets into full swing, right after throwing a wrench into the works that should change everything. I get excited for the next season ...

Then I find out it's been canceled. Well, crap.

Like I said, it wasn't the most amazing show out there, so I can see why it would be canceled instead of perhaps another show. But I would have guessed it had been doing decent ... 10 million American viewers each week. Is that not enough? I don't really know about these things, so perhaps it isn't.

Anyways, I hope they find some way to tie up that terrible bloody cliffhanger that they left me to chew on. A movie would be great, but unlikely. I'll take a book, if it's written well. Heck, continue the series in novels. That'd be a series I could get into.

I've gotten into Major League Soccer ... a North American soccer league. There is only one Canadian team, and they only joined this year ... Toronto FC plays the Colorado Rapids tonight at 5:00. Toronto hasn't been doing to stellar (2 wins, 5 losses, 1 tie). Hopefully tonight will go Toronto's way.

No comments: