16 August 2007

Mainlander for a Month

They say if you don't know what a Mainlander is, you probably are one ...

... anyways ...

Here I am in Hamilton, Ontario. I flew here from North Carolina (a feat in itself, seeing as I missed my scheduled flight), and spent a week and a bit with my mom and brother, doing the holiday thing. I posted a bit about that earlier.

Well on Monday mom and Jacob went home. The original plan was for me to go to Peterborough this weekend and stay with a friend until National music camp started. Not so much anymore. I guess I suck at communication, because I have no place to stay there.

Which means I stay in Hamilton for another week. I can deal with it, but you know how it is when plans don't work out. Especially since I had some friends I was hoping to hang out with during that week. I'll still see them at camp, but that was going to be a great week.

So I'm here wondering what I can learn from my time in Hamilton. I don't believe God pulled the rug out from under me to teach me a lesson, but while I'm here I'm sure there are plenty of lessons I can learn. I'm thinking I might be able to do some volunteer work around or something. My uncle works with the Salvation Army, and it seems they're always looking for a hand.

That having been said ... if somebody from Peterborough stumbles over this blog and has extra floorspace available ... I wouldn't mind a hand.

No comments: