18 July 2007

In Richmond

The Carolinas' Music and Arts Conservatory is over for the 2007 camping season. I'm currently in Virginia with Dave and Steph, hanging with Matt, a guy who we met at camp. We're staying at his place for a few days before the Southern Territory's Territorial Music Institute begins. We'll be flying down there on Friday.

What can I say? It's been a good summer, but I can't wait for MUN to begin. Is it really a month and a half away?!

It's been a good time. I haven't taken any pictures (actually, I've literally taken one) ... fun times. I'm not really ready to get into a big old blog yet, but suffice to say it's been good.

I have had a few rough days. In fact, there was an entire week where I was just down. But other than that week, life's been good. I've met some awesome people, a lot of which from Newfoundland, ironically enough. Dave and I, for example, have crossed paths a million times, but have never met. It's weird.

Another person I've "met" is Shawn "The Body" Pittman. I've seen him at MUN a billion times, but never even said "hi." I got to know him a bit over the past summer, but (oh cruel irony) he won't be going back to MUN this year. Sadness! That would have been so awesome.

Anyways. Back to the party. I'm here in the apartment of a friend of Matt's. We're listening to Barenaked Ladies, and just finished explaining what a chesterfield is. Fun stuff.

2 comments:

Tammy Williams said...

That's funny. They call a chesterfield a sofa down here I think. I have come to decipher the American Language code now I think. After living here for 2 years and watching American Television in Canada for so long, it's easy to pick-up on weird sayings and words they only use down here. Have you used the saying "Oh, what a sin!" yet? When I first moved here, Jeremy said that it sounded like I was being a bible thumper everytime I said it. He thought I was being literal, saying someone was sinning. Pretty funny.

Josh said...

I don't typically say "What a sin" anyways, but I'll remember to try it at TMI.

There are a few ones we talked about at Matt's house, but I don't recall many of them.

~Josh