30 October 2006

Schmexcelence

So today was the worst day of my week in school. It wasn't that bad.

Randomly Meagan decided to head out to the Buck or Two. I tagged along, and managed to get in to Chapters. I picked up the book I ordered like, a month ago. Battle Royale by Koushun Takami. I realized as I looked at the cover that it's the second book in a row I've bought by a Japanese author. And they're completely different too.

I've also noticed something. I hate the thought of people talking negatively about other people. Problems with people. Instead of addressing the person with whom we have the issue, we discuss their downfalls among ourselves. It happens a lot, whether you notice it or not. Well for the first time in a few months, I've realized how good it feels to say "That's just how he is," or "She's always like that."

How unfortunate, the ease of which that slides off the tongue.

I've started to watch Star Wars again. Plus I have five books staring at me, yelling to read. Plus I've just gotten back into my X Box. I need to spend less time with my computer. Too unproductive.

Another thing I've been thinking about is people, and the relationships I have. Somebody observed that "person X" was a bit touchy-feely as a person. I argued to the contrary, to quickly realize how wrong I was. She's just like that around me. Some people and I don't mesh, and that really sucks, because of all the people I "don't mesh" with, I can't think of one that I don't think is an awesome person. I may disagree, and tiff jokingly with them, but there's just not a relationship there that I wish there could be.

I dunno. I guess everything has been magnified lately. With feelings I mean.

I also had an excellent opportunity to geek out at SASF Saturday. A previously unknown girl came to SASF dressed as a Twi'lek Jedi. From Star Wars. She's a fan. I'm a fan. We discussed. It reminded me of the hour-and-a-bit conversation I had with Mr. Sanders once on Star Wars, particulary Yuuzhan Vong invasion, their tactics, casualties, and the resistance efforts of the Galactic Federation of Free Alliances.

Wow.

Finally, if you read none of the above, that's okay. Watch this. It's the trailer for Joyeux Noel.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting - your blog entry and your "short exerpt" of Joyeux Noel. I would love to see that movie - as a matter of fact I was in a conference today and one of the ladies (Gaylene Buckle - you may know her from Theatre NL) said that she was looking forward to tonight's Monday night movie because it was Joyeux Noel! She went on to explain and I recalled that it was the movie that you've been referring to - this sounds like a MUST SEE!!!!!!!