21 March 2008

Cortana's Uptime

I just installed an application on my computer (Cortana is my computer's name =P) that gives me all these stats at a glance. Not really useful for me, since I'm not running anything heavy on resources, and I don't really know what to do with the information, but it's certainly interesting.

For instance: My uptime stands right now at 12 days. That means my computer hasn't been off in almost two weeks. I normally just put it to sleep when I'm not using it, including when carrying it around school/town. I'm using about 10% of my computer's processing power right now. I don't recall what the percentage was when I recorded the next stat, but sometime yesterday my CPU was running at 64∘c. Now, I don't really KNOW what that means. I understand temperature and all, but I don't know what's a high temperature for a processor to be at. All the same, 64∘c definitely surprises me.

Fun stuff. I also downloaded a clock that displays the time as a pong game. You can turn the clock off and just play Pong if you want. I have to throw a few matches initially though, to get the computer to slack back, because it starts at a difficulty level where it's just not fun to play. Too bad there's no way to set the computer level at a fixed starting speed.

No comments: